Sunday, December 18, 2005

post the thirtieth

You want to hear something funny?

Shut up, of course you do. I don't need any sass from you.

All of my roommates left by Friday evening, leaving me to fend for myself for a weekend. This happens more often than you might think, actually. I was here alone for all of the Thanksgiving break as well. I find myself alone a fair amount. I was a little worried in the days leading up to this because I knew that I wouldn't have anything to do, and the last time that happened to me, I stayed up until 3:00 AM for days on end playing Monkey Island™. It's an awesome game, but playing that while not speaking to other human beings taxed my sanity a bit. I was afraid the same thing was going to happen to me again for the few days I'd be here by myself, a problem made worse by the fact that I've already beaten Monkey Island™.


Fortunately, things turned out for the best. Petra offered to take me to hang out with some of her friends on Friday night. It turned out to be way more fun than spending an evening sitting in front of my computer would have been. Saturday was just as good. I actually hadn't planned on leaving my apartment that day. I even wore horribly clashing clothes to emphasize my decision. However, Lavish offered to make tacos and Uffish offered her house for the watching of Waking Ned Divine, which is a fabulous movie that I would recommend everyone watch if you haven't already, or even if you have. I'd forgotten how much I loved that movie.

The point I'm trying to make here is that having friends rocks. Even if I'm trying to spend a day alone hiding from the world people come and drag me out and make me enjoy life. This is a good thing.

Life is good, dear readers. Enjoy it while it's here.

1 comment:

Redoubt said...

Having friends does rock. Not that I would know anything about it.