Tuesday, November 22, 2005

post the twenty-second


At the behest of a friend, today I will write a short treatise on the glitter girl.

This is a term applied to something that I don't think has it's own term, but could certainly use one. I picture the glitter girl as the girl in the picture right here. She's really pretty. However, she's quite aware that she's very attractive. Look at that sultry look in her eyes. She knows she's hot and that you want her. I generally don't go for the glitter girl myself. I have a distinction between hot and cute. Glitter girls are hot, without fail. Hot girls, like I said earlier, know that they are attractive. They use this fact to their advantage. I imagine everyone reading this knows someone like this. Hot girls generally seem to go for hot boys, which I am not. I haven't tried to pursue a hot girl since I was a freshman, and that didn't go so well. I learned my lesson quickly.

Cute girls, on the other hand, aren't always aware that they're good looking. Cute, in my mind, is more of a state of mind than physical appearance. I vastly prefer the cute girl. In fact, the only girls that I've ever dated have been cute girls. They're just more fun to be around. It seems to me, at least, that the hot girl likes to keep things all about herself. She expects you to tell her how beautiful she is. She expects you to buy her things. With the cute girl, things like that, while you ought to do them, make her genuinely happy.

I dunno, I had a good idea when I started all of this, but my thoughts are becoming increasingly scattered. The point is that I'm not a hot boy, and thus hot girls just aren't in the cards for me. I'm okay with that. I shall strive to be cute and earn a cute girl in return.

If anyone knows where she's at, I'd appreciate it if you'd send her my way. Thanks.

- Optimistic.

2 comments:

Thirdmango said...

If someone finds a second cute girl, send her my way. :) I realy like the term glitter girl.

Redoubt said...

You do realize, of course, that putting "where" and "at" in the same sentence is terrifically redundant. ^_~