Thursday, November 10, 2005

post the nineteenth, i think

I can't remember what number I'm on anymore. I'll just assume that this is indeed my nineteenth post.

I was listening to a new CD on my way up to campus just now - Fisherman's Woman, by Emiliana Torrini. It's really really good; at least as good as her first one, if you're familiar with her at all. The only thing about it is that it's extremely mellow. The CD ought to come with a label on the front reading something along the lines of "WARNING: DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS COMPACT DISC WHILE OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY." It's that mellow, no joke. Not that I had anything in particular on my mind, but if I had, I think it would have just melted away as I was listening to the music. I just felt completely tranquil. It was marvelous. The only other music I have that can do that to me is my Flood CD by They Might Be Giants, but that calms me down for a completely different reason.

If any of you out there have a need to calm down, or even if you just want to listen to some good music, I highly recommend this one. It might be a little tricky to track down, but I'm sure you'll be able to manage.

I would still be listening to it right now, but as I'm sitting in the student center here, it's really noisy, which creates a backdrop that clashes with the fine sounds of Ms. Torrini. Shame, really.

- Optimistic.

1 comment:

Krisling said...

I like Emiliana Torrini. Good work.