Tuesday, March 17, 2009

(untitled 302)

I'm back in the elementary school this morning. When I was signing in, I realized as I was writing the date that it was St. Patrick's Day. And I realized I was wearing a red shirt and not a trace of green.

"Oh crap," I said.

"Oh crap," the secretary agreed.

We both hurried down to the teachers' lounge to hurriedly make a green clover or frog or something we could pin to our shirts so as not to be at the mercy of every pinch-happy kid in this school. An elementary school is no place to be caught not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day.

3 comments:

Rachel Helps said...

well I'm going to remember to wear green to work, that's for sure

Lisa B. said...

well played, optimistic.

DiaNe said...

this is hilarious! I on the other hand, planned for such a day. Green shirt AND shoes. I got pinched anyway. Lame.