Thursday, January 12, 2006

post the thirty-eighth


I'd planned on writing a bitter and cynical post today, but I doubt it will come out that way. Somehow, whenever I try to be bitter at the world, I always end up being positive. It's certainly not like I mean to; I just can't help it.

I still can't sleep at night. I got a decent night's sleep Tuesday night, but other than that, it's been a very restless week. I would have thought that I would be able to sleep well if only because I'm usually exhausted when I go to bed. Apparently, such is not the case. For example, I went to bed at 1:00 last night, which, in retrospect, was a poor idea, as I had an 8:00 class the next morning. I was completely exhausted when I got home, having had a blast talking to Uffish Thought and Tolkien Boy for a couple hours. I assumed I'd be able to just fall right asleep.

Instead, I lay in bed for ages, my mind racing. I'm not entirely sure how or why, but it felt like I was still talking to them. We were laughing and watching movies and talking about all sorts of things. I kept thinking to myself, "You know, I really do need to get to sleep," but I stayed and talked with them longer and longer. I'm not sure if I was awake or asleep. It's all very confusing. I think I was awake, because I remember tossing about in my bed, but then again, I can't be entirely certain. Needless to say, my alarm went off entirely too early this morning. I seriously considered blowing off my 8:00 class and sleeping for another hour. As it turned out, my homework (which I hadn't completed, as my book hasn't arrived yet) wasn't due that day, which was a good thing. However, I got to deal with the ultraconservative political agenda of my teacher, which irked me a little. I won't elaborate on it, because I think it's more of a problem of perspective on my side, and writing about it will only solidify it in my mind. That would be a bad thing.

So I'm feeling a little testy today. It's rather uncharacteristic of me, I know, but that's just how things have turned out so far. Hopefully this next class should help me out. After all, it's a class that I've looked forward to for years. The teacher is awesome. Before I go to class, though, I think I'm going to read a bit from the Book of Mormon. That book never fails to restore my optimism. If you're ever feeling down, I suggest you try it out.

1 comment:

jambarama said...

Strangely enough, I have had the exact same phenomenom last week. And intermittently (and randomly) last semester. I have no solution or explanation, but I have sympathy. Wednesday night I didn't get to sleep until 4:30AM and I had work at 8AM. Nice eh?