Friday, June 16, 2006

post the seventy-eighth

Yes, it's extremely early in the morning. I've already stayed up far later than I wanted to, so I don't feel bad about spending a little more time awake to post on my blog. (No, it doesn't make any sense. No, I don't care what you think about that.) I was having a really good day today, but came home to find that a deadline for my class was a full week earlier than I'd anticipated. I spent the next hour and a half working frantically to catch up to it. I'll spend a fair amount of tomorrow working on it as well. Ick. I really wish I'd looked ahead at the calendar, but some of the blame has to be placed on the course administrators for not keeping me up to date. They changed some other deadlines on me, which really made things confusing for the rest of the term. Honestly. I'm so glad this class is almost over.

The real reason I decided to post this late, however, was that I checked my Yahoo! mail in an effort to find something to distract me from the insanity of this deadline I was working against. I'm a committed Gmail user (as all sane people with email accounts should be), and thus only check my Yahoo! mail once every week or two. I have my half.com account wired through there, so I check periodically to see if I've sold any books or anything. (I hadn't.) What I saw when I opened the account surprised me.

Wow. I didn't even bother checking to see what sort of spam I'd managed to collect in the week or so since I last checked it. I only rarely get any sort of spam with Gmail, and what little I get is immediately destroyed by my Gmail filters. It's a wonderful thing. I still have over 40 invites if anyone wants them.

I'm pleased that I managed to get that image cropped so nicely, and even more pleased that I managed to edit out my first name in the "Welcome!" message. I would have been going out of my mind with excitement had I been able to switch my first name with "Optimistic," but, alas, it was not to be (at least, not at three in the morning).

3 comments:

ahem. said...

Could you have just altered your user account options so that Yahoo! would think your first name actually was Optimistic? I would try it myself, but I... um... don't feel like it.

Redoubt said...

I could have done it for you, especially at 3 am. That's when I do my best manip and art work.

Anonymous said...

Go shopping for some photos baby, at the PHOTOSHOP!!